Friday, November 16, 2007

109 Miles

Once a year, on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, I go for a bicycle ride with a group of people. There will be about 9,200 of us tomorrow morning. The 25th Anniversary of the El Tour De Tucson spins off tomorrow morning at 7 am. I'll be riding the 109 trip for the fifth time. My personal best is 5:48:13. I'd like to get in tomorrow in 5:45:00 or less but....I'd like to come in with all of my pieces intact too.

The tour is a sort of pilgrimage within a pilgrimage for me. There are good spots in the ride. There are some bad spots. I rode w/ cramps most of the time last year. However, I know the route. I know my body. I know to remain focused, breathe, and to stay fueled. These are excellent lessons on, or off the saddle of a road bicycle.

Say a prayer for all of us. I'll let you know how I do.

The Lord Grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end. Amen

In Christ,

Jim